A messenger from the Sultan’s son, Prince Badabi, informs us that the Sultan is on his deathbed. Everyone (except for Buddyo) does some camel shopping. After defeating sand peoples, we arrive at the Sultan’s city. The party splits up.
Droden, Luceat, and Nevyn venture to the deathbed and observe Vizier Najrak next to the dead Sultan. The Vizier seems extremely happy of the circumstances. It appears to Luceat (Nature) that the Sultan died of natural causes, though a servant claims that the Sultan died shortly after Narjak had entered the room.
Szar goes to the slums and has a beer, in a manner that is in no way ominous.
Meanwhile, Ran, and Buddyo go to the prison where Prince Badabi is being held. Ran disguises himself as Vizier and successfully demands the guards to release Badabi. He is brought back to a secure room owned by our party and tells us that he was arrested on charges of heresy. Badabi’s actions of opening up trade routes with other cities was seen as heresy in the eyes of the Vizier. The 12+1 council members under the Sultan, 4 for each of the city states plus the Vizier, will decide Badaby’s guilt. Our party decides to convince as many of the council members to side with the Prince’s innocence over the Vizier’s desire of guilt.
Council and information
- Loyal to Vizier (per Droden Beardsman’s sneaking)
- Azad – From capital, no contact.
- Faruz – From capital, no contact.
- Ardevan – From capital. Frequents the prostitutes, has illegitimate children. The mothers were threatened into testifying to Raheem. Attempt to meet with Ardevan directly failed.
- On the fence
- Raheem – Not convinced. Told of Ardevan’s extracurricular activities, but still not convinced.
- Naseem – Not convinced. From Dragonborn city. Altercation with Droden Beardsman and Szarrasazastra (which we all know he totally started); resulted in dead guards.
- Mahtab – Convinced. From Dragonborn city. Threatened with riots. Convincing reinforced by Buddyo’s heroic losing skills and 100 gp.
- Caspar – Convinced
- Giv – Convinced with the help of some fancy perfume.
- Lean Prince
- Bashir – Loyalist all along
- Sarfraz – Convinced
- Rajah – Convinced
- Sher – Convinced
In addition, Nevyn has developed a contact in the palace, a servant named Iago. Prince Badabi has been holed up in a safe house in the slums, guarded by Luceat Intenebras. Also, Guillermo Ranajay von McAbdul decided that in light of the awesome powers of the rest of his party, that he might rethink some of his life choices, and maybe try out this whole “make an eldritch pact with a being of unspeakable fell horror” thing.